Saturday 9 January 2016

REVIEW: Lottie Soap Star Solid Brush Cleanser




I received the Lottie Soap Star Solid Brush Cleanser for christmas as a little stocking filler and I was quite impressed by this product so I thought I would share my thoughts. 

Lottie is a brand I haven't heard all that much about. It's available in Superdrug and that's about all I know. Having investigated further, I can tell that the brand is very affordable and they have some quirky products on offer.

Cleaning our make-up brushes is a chore that most of us find a lot of effort and don't really enjoy, I am unfortunately one of these people. I used to use baby shampoo and spend a good 45 minutes trying to remove every last trace of make-up from my brushes, and I'm so glad that I've now discovered something new. 

The Lottie Soap Star comes as a solid block of soap inside the plastic tub and you simply wet your make-up brush, then whirl it around the soap, and rinse. I found that the time taken to clean my brushes was halved and the results were just as good! 

The only downside that I've found to this product is the mess. I found that my sink was very dirty afterwards, it was covered in make-up. But it didn't take long to clean up.

All in all I found that this product made the task of cleaning brushes much easier and I'm actually not dreading the next time they need cleaning. 

What do you use to clean your make-up brushes?

Lots of love x

6 comments:

  1. Cleaning my makeup brushes is like the worst chore known to man so anything that can help it take less time is a winner in my books. I'm definitely going to have to check this out! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Yeah, definitely do! I hope you like it just as much as I do :) x

      Delete
  2. I usually use a gentle antibacterial soap or baby shampoo, but I do feel like I need to try a proper cleanser. I've seen these block versions from other brands, too, so I must give this affordable option a go before splurging on a £60 version!

    Jasmine Mcrae | UK beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! Well, if you try it I hope you like it! x

      Delete
  3. This looks great. I'm super lazy when it comes to washing my brushes, I just use shampoo! I would love to give this cleanser a try.

    ReplyDelete